Welcome to the Veterinary System Services, Inc. (VSS) blog.
As the CEO of VSS, the word “welcome” is not one I get to use often. VSS doesn’t have a place of business where clients come for services. The VSS team works in the facilities of our own clients—veterinary practices just like yours.
What is VSS?
VSS is a professional services company for the veterinary industry. Our staffing services currently comprise a network of veterinarians, veterinary technicians, managers, assistants, and client care representatives throughout Denver and the Front Range. We help to fill the staffing gap when veterinary practices are in need of relief.
When I founded VSS in 2014, I had big dreams. I wanted to create:
- A legal and legitimate way for practices to get professional help — When a technician calls in sick, VSS can fill the gap. When an associate veterinarian is planning to take two weeks off to travel to Europe, VSS can cover the shifts. When your marketing plan works so well and your practice grows, VSS provides the best way to build your team.
- A way for veterinary professionals to get better and work in a healthy manner. — It’s no secret that the veterinary profession is plagued with stress, burnout, compassion fatigue, and other wellness issues. VSS aims to provide an environment where veterinary professionals can improve—whether they want to grow their skillset or improve their mental health, emotional well-being, or financial outlook. Our relief team members enjoy greater flexibility and a healthier work-life balance than most other veterinary professionals.
It’s been surreal to watch these dreams become reality. The more than 100 VSS employees are all dedicated and talented veterinary professionals ready to serve your clients and patients when you need them. We are here to take this industry to the next level. We are here to change the lives of veterinary professionals.
The VSS blog
At VSS, we believe that respect is earned and professionals should be just that: professional. And those philosophies carryover to this blog. All posts and comments must be respectful, solutions-oriented, professional, and pertinent to the topic at hand.
Some topics we’ll cover on the VSS blog include:
- Employee turnover
- Inventory management
- Veterinary management
- The glass ceiling in veterinary medicine
- Searching for a job in veterinary medicine
- The interview process from the candidate’s perspective
- How to conduct a successful job interview
- Difficult colleagues
- Personal wellness
- Asking for a raise
- Negotiating salary during the hiring process
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. I hope you’ll check out our blog posts from time to time, and I hope each post provides new insight into topics you care about.
As the CEO of VSS and your author/host of this blog post, I’ll use that word I don’t use often: Welcome to the VSS blog. Thank you for reading, and I hope you’ll return often.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Brad Patton is the founder and CEO of VSS. He started the company in 2014, after 20 years of being in the veterinary industry. That experience includes work in nonprofit shelters, small general practices, and larger emergency, specialty, and multi-location hospitals. Brad created VSS to help improve the lives of our four-legged friends, and, in doing so, has fostered the betterment of the lives of those who care for them.